Friday, December 14, 2012

A great accomplishment

The international music, the culturally diverse dances, the loud applause from the vivid crowd, all of which is experienced at the annual The Young Women's Leadership of Women of Astoria's Multicultural Day. TYWLS of Astoria has a goal of introducing the world to our multiple nationalities in the small school. To pursue this goal, Multicultural Day came into the equation. I myself have first experienced the shoes of dancers because I was dancing a traditional song from my culture. My group of friends and I both danced an Albanian traditional dance called Shota and a Montenegrin dance called Uzicko Kolo.



As the jittery feelings left my body on the day of the show, was when I noticed that dancing my culture is something I'm proud of and want to keep doing. I recommend to everyone that if you ever have the chance to dance in front of a crowd, to do so. It really makes you a less shy person and changes your aspect for performing in public. Ever since that day, I have been more outgoing and willing to try new things. This year I plan on modeling in our annual Eco-Friendly Fashion show along with Multicultural Day dance again.

2 comments:

  1. I like how you included the impact it had on your personality, and I think your post is perfect the way it is. Who helped you come to the decision of participating in the dance or was it just you who decided it was worth the experience?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I decided that I wanted to something in high school, that I would forever remember. So in order to accomplish that, I picked dancing that I ended up doing with my close friends.

    ReplyDelete