Thursday, December 20, 2012

Volleyball is life


Volleyball is a well known sport and has been played in almost every country.  I consider volleyball as my favorite sport. I play as one of the qualifiers and although I might not be the best, I am very determined to give it my all. I became so fond of volleyball, that I was inspire to create my high school's volleyball team. Along with the help of my team members I was able to make this a reality.Volleyball has had an impact on me since day one. It has helped me to be more dedicated and determined even outside of the court. 


Not only do I run practices in my high school, but I also participate in a another volleyball team named the NYC Starlings. NYC Starlings, is a national team that has many clubs from California to New York. According to Starlings.org, "Beginning with a single inner-city San Diego team in 1996, today Starlings Volleyball Clubs, USA is the largest junior volleyball club in the nation ─ serving some 3,000 girls in over 50 clubs across America". As my Coach Vargas once said, "No one is turned back", meaning that everyone who joins this club has a guaranteed spot in. The travel team goes to tournaments, representing NYC Starlings, nonetheless, advanced development is when you take your volleyball skills to another level. 


No comments:

Post a Comment