Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Life doesn't come easy

                       


Adjusting to an all girls school, was not really an obstacle, but rather a big change that I overcame. I entered The Young Women's Leadership School of Astoria in 2010 as a 9th grader in a recent established school. Before going to high school, I attended what would be considered a regular co-ed middle school. Unaware of the impact that the school would have on me, I still went and learned how to adapt to it. Nonetheless, as the years passed by, my knowledge expanded. Personally, I noticed that being in all girls school, is not really a huge difference from a co-ed school. Additionally, I managed to not let my shyness interfere with my creativity and participation in school. I now acknowledge that some risks should be taken in order to make accomplishments and stand out as an individual.

2 comments:

  1. I really liked your wording and how it's short and precise. I can connect to this experience but way back in 6th grade when I first entered TYWLS. How do you feel being in all-girl environment now? Do you think your academic would've differed in a co-ed school?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Academic wise, I believe that it wouldn't have alter, depending on what school I was in. Since, I came to school I realized that I'm a more open and active person only, my grades have been the same since middle school, which was a co-ed school. Being in a all-girls school is a extraordinary experience!

    ReplyDelete