Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Inspiration is key

Inspiration is what helps strive a person to go that extra step. Some role models that have encouraged me are my parents. Being born and raised in New York City, gives me endless number of opportunities that I can acquire. You can expect to be exposed to various people who are willing to inspire you. However, the only real mentors I will always have are my parents. They have managed to be there for me through thick and thin. 

My parents being born and raised in Montenegro, a country in Europe, came to America on their own at the age of 17. Experiencing this made them realize that life was not easy and that hard work is necessary. Having this in mind, I recognize that what I consider as my personal struggles can always be fixable. It is up to me to find possible solutions. 

Back home in Montenegro, they barely had any support from their parents. Now they strive to give me all the support that I need. This helps me aim for an even better lifestyle. Nonetheless, inspiration can blossom in almost everyone with a certain role model, and in my case it happens to be my parents. They have a profound influence on my goals and I will forever be grateful for that.

                     animate gif

4 comments:

  1. I really like this piece because I can connect it to my parents. They similar immigrated to America to receive more opportunities and want me to always take good advantage of what I have. How do you think children/teenagers with parents who grew up in the America grow differently than us?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your post because I can feel it as an immigrant who recently came to America last year. My parents also are, just like Reyhan said, want me to take good advantage of what I have. How do you think your life would change if you was born in Montenegro and then immigrate to America?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked that your post seemed very genuine and honest, you can improve your post by giving a specific example in your life on how your parents inspired you. What kind of person do your parents inspire you to be?

    ReplyDelete
  4. To Reyhan- Here in America, there are obviously more opportunities given to the standard person that was born and raised here, which wasn't really given back home in Montenegro and in your case, Turkey. Nonetheless, If i was born Montenegro, to answer Mariam's question, I would be less spoiled and have a decreased capacity of expanding my freedom and adventures. My parents encourage me to be the best person that I can be, similar to how your parents want you to grow into Michelle.

    ReplyDelete