Thursday, December 13, 2012

The best things in life are free!

Helping out the community is a big tradition in our school. To improve our community, there are many activities that range from volunteering in a homeless shelter to guiding an elderly person cross the street. Nonetheless, tutoring elementary students is something I do to support my neighborhood. Once a week for about two hours I assist elementary school students from grades one through five with their homework at the Boys and Girls Club. I've always had the desire to meet new people and it was my dream to tutor little kids. Since I was young, I have always been good with kids for the reason being that I have two younger siblings, and have helped my parents raise them.

My trigonometry teacher, was actually the one to present me with this volunteer work. He told my classmates and I that it was a great opportunity to meet important new people that could help you in the future. My goal in tutoring is that they leave everyday with the concept in mind that learning could be fun and educational at the same time. Aiding the elementary students helped me acknowledged that spreading education to the younger generation does not only amplify my resources but theirs as well.


Jasmina Lukolic by simplyjasminax3 on GoAnimate

                 


2 comments:

  1. Nice piece!! I like your wording. I also like your goal in tutoring but I would like if you provide the readers with more details about it like what do you do to accomplish it ? How did tutoring affect your personality?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tutoring little kids makes me notice from how young you are when you start learning and training your mind to familiarize yourself with multiplication to vocabulary words. This has really broaden my personality into a more patience and sensitive person.

    ReplyDelete